Terms and Conditions
ITV7 COMPETITION: TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Who can enter:
The ITV7 competition (“Competition”), including as may be featured in the ITV Racing programme (the “Programme”), is open to UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man residents aged 18 years or over only, excluding employees of the Promoter, their immediate families, and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition.
From time to time the Competition may consist of races which ITV is showing live on its UK broadcast channels (“Broadcast Competitions”) and from time to time the Competition may consist of races which ITV is not showing live on its UK broadcast channels (“Non-Broadcast Competitions”).
Opening/closing dates & times:
The Competition opens for entries via the ITV Racing mobile app (“ITV Racing App”), the ITV7 mobile app (“ITV7 App”), and the ITV7 website at https://itv7.itv.com (collectively, the “Entry Points”) at the times and on the dates announced on the Entry Points and/or (for Broadcast Competitions only) in the Programme. The Competition closes on the times and on the dates announced on the Entry Points and/or (for Broadcast Competitions only) in the Programme. The Competition close time will be prior to the start of the first of the seven races.
How to enter:
To enter the Competition, log-in to one of the Entry Points using a Sky Games user account (“Sky Games Account”) and select one horse from each of the seven horse races selected by the Promoter for the applicable Competition (the “Picks”). After the entrant has submitted their Picks the Promoter may allow the entrant to edit their Picks until the close time for entries to the applicable Competition (but not afterwards). Entrants must submit their final Picks prior to the closing time specified for the Competition. Once the Competition has closed, entrants cannot change their Picks for that Competition.
If any Pick corresponds to a non-runner then that Pick will be deemed replaced with the SP favourite (“SP Favourite”) for the applicable race. If there are joint SP Favourites then the Pick will be deemed replaced with the SP Favourite with the lowest racecard number. If for any reason the information to determine the SP Favourite is not available to the Promoter, or if the Promoter reasonably determines that the use of the SP Favourite would not be appropriate for any reason, then the Promoter may elect to use a different mechanism to replace non- runners.
Cost of entry:
Entry to the Competition is free. Data charges may apply (check with your internet service provider or mobile network).
Maximum number of entries:
Only one entry is allowed per person, per Competition (multiple Competitions may be run each week at the Promoters discretion). If the Promoter believes that any one person has made or may have made more than one entry to a Competition then the Promoter may disqualify all entries that the Promoter believes have been made by that person. If the Promoter believes that any one person has or may have created more than one registration for the Competition then the Promoter may block all such registrations from submitting entries to the Competition.
When assessing whether to disqualify any entries on the grounds that the maximum number of entries per person may have been exceeded, the Promoter may - at its discretion - base its decision on the entrant’s email address, name, IP address or any other information, data, variables or factors.
For each Competition there is one prize of the amount publicized by the Promoter on the Entry Points and/or (for Broadcast Competitions only) in the Programme as being the Jackpot or main prize (“Jackpot Prize”) for that Competition. Unless otherwise displayed on the Entry Points, the Jackpot Prize for Non-Broadcast Competitions shall be £1,000. The Jackpot Prize will be won by the entrant who correctly picks the winning horse from each of the seven races, unless more than one entrant picks all seven winning horses (“Jackpot Tied Entrants”), in which case the Jackpot Prize will be split and shared equally between the Jackpot Tied Entrants.
If no entrant picks the winning horse in all seven races then the Jackpot Prize will not be awarded for that Competition, and instead a Consolation Prize (as defined below) will be awarded.
Ascot 2020 Jackpot Rounds
Between Tuesday 16th June 2020 and Saturday 20th June 2020, a Broadcast Competition will take place each day with a Jackpot Prize of £50,000 per Broadcast Competition.
During this period, if a Jackpot Prize is not won by any individual on a given day, the Jackpot Prize money will roll over and increase the Jackpot Prize for the next Broadcast Competition up to a maximum of £250,000 (in accordance with the below table). If a Jackpot Prize is won, the available Jackpot Prize for the next day’s Broadcast Competition will be £50,000, save that the Promoter may also boost the Jackpot Prize for the Broadcast Competition on Saturday 20th June 2020. Please see the following table for details on the potential outcomes and related Jackpot Prizes (‘W’ denotes a day where the Jackpot Prize is won, ‘L’ denotes a day when it is not won):
If in any Broadcast Competition there are Void Races, the Jackpot Prize will be amended in accordance with the above rules relating to Void Races. In this event, the original Jackpot Prize will be treated as if it has been won, it will not be rolled over and the Jackpot Prize for the next day’s Broadcast Competition will be as set out in the above table.
The Jackpot Prize will be reset following the Broadcast Competition on Saturday 20th June 2020, and the usual Jackpot Prize structure will then apply in accordance with the Jackpot Prizes section above for the next Broadcast Competition.
In the event that no eligible entrant has seven correct Picks, a consolation prize will be awarded to the best performing entrant (“Consolation Prize”). The amount of the Consolation Prize is £1,000 for Broadcast Competitions and £100 for Non-Broadcast Competitions. The Consolation Prize will be awarded in accordance with the following ranking system:
- 6 wins, 1 placed
- 6 wins, 0 placed, 1 unplaced
- 5 wins, 2 placed
- 5 wins, 1 placed, 1 unplaced
- 5 wins, 0 placed, 2 unplaced
- 4 wins, 3 placed
- 4 wins, 2 placed, 1 unplaced
- 4 wins, 1 placed, 2 unplaced
- 4 wins, 0 placed, 3 unplaced
- 3 wins, 4 placed
- 3 wins, 3 placed, 1 unplaced
- 3 wins, 2 placed, 2 unplaced
- 3 wins, 1 placed, 3 unplaced
- 3 wins, 0 placed, 4 unplaced
“Places” are determined in the following way:
- 4 or less: No places
- 5 - 7 Runners: Only 2nd place qualifies
- 8 or more Runners: 2nd and 3rd place qualify
- 4 or less: No places
- 5 - 7 Runners: Only 2nd place qualifies
- 8 – 15 runners: 2nd and 3rd place qualify
- 16 or more Runners: 2nd, 3rd and 4th place qualify
In the event that no entrant picks at least 3 winners then no Consolation Prize will be awarded.
If two or more entrants perform equally well according to the above ranking (“Consolation Tied Entrants”), then the winner of the Consolation Prize will be the Consolation Tied Entrant whose final Picks, after any permitted editing and re-submission, were submitted first according to the Promoter’s records.
If any of the races which are the subject of the Competition are abandoned, postponed or not completed for any reason, or if a single winning horse is not officially identified for any of those races for any reason (other than a dead heat), the race will (at the Promoter’s discretion) be considered void (“Void Races”). If in any Competition there is one Void Race then the Jackpot Prize will be £5,000 for Broadcast Competitions or £500 for Non- Broadcast Competitions. The Consolation Prize shall remain at £1,000 for Broadcast Competitions but no Consolation Prize shall be awarded for Non-Broadcast Competitions. If in any Competition there are two Void Races then the Jackpot Prize will be £1,000 for Broadcast Competitions or £250 for Non-Broadcast Competitions. No Consolation Prizes shall be awarded. If there are three or more Void Races then the Competition will be deemed cancelled and no prizes of any size awarded. If there is a dead heat between two or more horses then the horses which are tied in the dead heat will each be treated as having won the race for the purposes of the Competition.
Additional prizes may be introduced at the discretion of the Promoter. These will be in addition to the prizes outlined above. In the event that additional prizes are introduced, the Promoter will publish any additional terms and conditions as they may be applicable.
Winner selection will normally take place within one week of the end of the last of the seven races which are subject to the Competition.
Winners will be notified by email or telephone registered on their account within 28 days of confirmed winner selection. It is each entrant’s sole responsibility to ensure that their contact details are up to date. Winners will be required to verify (with evidence satisfactory to the Promoter) their age, identity, residence and other requested verification information to the satisfaction of the Promoter before they are eligible to receive a prize. Any public announcement (including on ITV properties (TV, online etc.)) will be pending verification unless otherwise stated and should not be considered final confirmation.
If the winning entrant is not able, for any reason to accept a prize, verify their registration information to the satisfaction of the Promoter or has been found to have breached these terms and conditions by the Promoter then the entrant will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited.
The Promoter may withhold delivery of a prize until it has received such evidence from the winner and failure to provide such evidence in a timely manner may result in forfeiture of the prize.
If a winner of any prize (or any part of a Jackpot Prize) cannot be contacted in accordance with the time period for winner contact set out above then the prize (or that part of the Jackpot Prize) will be held by the Promoter for a further 90 day period. If by the end of such period such winner has not been contacted then the prize (or that part of the Jackpot Prize) will be forfeited.
The prize will be paid via bank transfer to a bank account nominated by the winner. The bank account provided must be held in the name of the winner. If the winner cannot provide a bank account held directly in his or her own name within a timely manner of being contacted by the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner, in which case any prize will be forfeited.
From time to time you may be presented with the opportunity to opt in to receive emails and/or (for users of the ITV App and/or the ITV Racing App) push notifications to notify you of the opening of each Competition. You can opt out of receiving the emails by at any time by contacting Sky Games at 0330 024 4777, email@example.com or 2 Wellington Place, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 4AP, or by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in the emails. Please note that calls may be recorded for staff training and/or quality control purposes. You can opt out of receiving the push notifications by adjusting the settings on your device.
Publicity & privacy:
If you enter the Competition you agree that the Promoter and/or (for Broadcast Competitions only) the producers of the Programme may include and/or announce on the Entry Points, on social media platforms, in the Programme (Broadcast Competitions only) and/or elsewhere at their discretion your name, general location and details of any prizes that you have won and/or correct Picks that you have made. This may include in leaderboards within the Entry Points.
ITV is not involved in the processing of your personal data for Non-Broadcast Competitions.
All customer support enquiries should be directed to Sky Games at 0330 024 4777, firstname.lastname@example.org or 2 Wellington Place, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 4AP. Please note that calls may be recorded for staff training and/or quality control purposes.
For Broadcast Competitions the Promoter is both ITV Consumer Limited of The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT and Hestview Limited of 2 Wellington Place, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 4AP (trading as Sky Games) jointly.
For Non-Broadcast Competitions the Promoter is Hestview Limited only. ITV is not responsible in any way for the promotion or administration of the Competition, the fulfilment of any prizes, or the processing of any personal data, in each case in relation to Non-Broadcast Competitions.
Apple Inc. is no way linked or associated with the Competition.
Amendments. These terms and conditions may be amended at any time without prior notice. Any updated versions will be made available via the Entry Points. It is your responsibility to ensure you review the current terms and conditions before entering.
By taking part in the Competition you accept and agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any these terms and conditions then you should not enter the Competition. By signing up for a Sky Games Account you will also be accepting and agreeing the applicable Sky Games Account terms and conditions.
Winner contact – supplementary. If selected as a winner, the winner must provide a UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands address for delivery of the prize.
The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to ask for evidence to verify the age, identity and/or eligibility of an entrant at any time, and to use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. The Promoter may withhold delivery of a prize until it has received such evidence from the winner and failure to provide such evidence in a timely manner may result in forfeiture of the prize.
The winner is required to comply with all instructions and requirements as may be specified by the Promoter to receive and/or take up the prize. The Promoter will not be liable where the winner fails to comply with such instructions, and such failure may result in forfeiture of the prize.
The winner may be required to provide their signature as proof of their agreement to relevant waivers, releases and/or consents when taking up the prize. Failure to sign any relevant documentation may result in forfeiture of the prize.
The Promoter may refuse to provide a prize, and may seek recovery of any prize, in the event of non-entitlement under these terms and conditions or an entrant's fraud or dishonesty.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you control access to any phone number that you use to enter. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any loss you suffer as a result of the Promoter dealing in good faith with anyone other than you who has access to any such number (or any device using any such number).
The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
Miscellaneous. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the operation of any part of the Competition, the decision of the Promoter shall be final.
Any entrant and/or winner must comply with any directions given to him or her by the Promoter and with all relevant laws, rules and regulations. Failure to comply may result in an invalid entry and/or forfeiture of the prize.
The Promoter is committed to operating the Competition fairly and to preventing abuse of its systems, as well as those of its agents and sub-contractors. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries if it has reasonable grounds to suspect, having regard to all the circumstances and information available at the relevant time, any of the following:
(a) entries have been made in breach of these terms and conditions; or (b) there has been any activity which the Promoter considers is designed to provide an unfair advantage.
Liability. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s staff or suppliers’ negligence or for fraud or for any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law or regulation.
The Promoter cannot guarantee that the Competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that it or the Entry Points will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition.
The Competition, or some or all of the Entry Points, may be suspended without notice in the case of any problem with any network or line, system, server, software, or for any technical malfunction or failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of the Promoter. The Promoter does not accept responsibility where all or any part of the Competition and/or any Entry Points are suspended, discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by you as an entrant howsoever arising from participating in the Competition or from accepting any prize whether due to any error or omission by the Promoter.
The Promoter is not responsible for any damage or loss caused to you (i) which is not reasonably foreseeable to you and to the Promoter when you enter the Competition, or (ii) is reasonably foreseeable to you and to the Promoter on entry but is only indirectly related to you entering or participating in the Competition.
The Promoter does not accept responsibility in the event that any entry is lost, delayed or not properly received, registered or recorded or for any disruption, delay or misdirection of any entry.
The Promoter reserves the right to amend without prior notice any element of the Competition for reasons beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to the unavailability of the competition entry platform before the closing date, or for strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, breakdown of plant, machinery or transportation. The Promoter is not responsible for any loss or damage caused as a result of any of these occurrences.
You agree to reimburse the Promoter in respect of any damages suffered by the Promoter or any losses by Promoter resulting from any claim made by a third party in each case in respect of any matter arising from your participation in the Competition in breach of these terms and conditions or from your violation of any applicable law or regulation.
Privacy – supplemental. Information and data which is provided by you when you enter the Competition will be held by the Promoter and may be used by the Promoter, the producer of the Programme (Broadcast Competitions only) and their service providers, network operators, suppliers and contractors for the purposes of administering the Competition and/or fulfilling the prize. You agree that this includes without limitation that they may contact you if there is an issue with the Competition and/or your entry.
Governing law/jurisdiction. These terms and conditions shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales (unless the entrant is a Scottish or Northern Irish resident in which case he/she may choose the law of their residence) and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales (unless the entrant is a Scottish or Northern Irish resident in which case he/she may choose the courts of their residence) in relation to any claim or dispute relating in any way to the Competition.
Accessibility. If you require any information to be provided in an alternative format for accessibility reasons, we will be happy to discuss your requirements and endeavour to provide a suitable alternative.
The ITV7 word mark and logo are trade marks of ITV Consumer Limited.
These terms and conditions were last updated on Friday 8th March 2019.
ITV7 BACK ON TRACK COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Follow the @ITV7 account on Twitter & reply to the competition post with the correct answer to the question (for the competition due to run between Monday 1st June & Friday 5th June 2020), & include #ITV7BackOnTrack for a chance to win £100 cash.
- You must follow @ITV7 on Twitter to be in with a chance of winning and reply to the competition post with the correct answer to the question (for 1-5 June 2020) competition & include hashtag #ITV7BackOnTrack
- £100 cash prize available to one random winner who correctly answers the question
- If no one correctly answers the question, then the prize will rollover.
- Rollover prizes will be £200, £300, £400 & £500
- If the question is answered correctly, then the prize will reset to £100.
- 18+ and UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man residents only
- Further T&Cs apply
1. This competition ("Competition") is available to individuals aged 18 years and over who are resident in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man. Proof of age and identity may be required before, during or after entry to the Competition.
2. If the promoter ("Promoter", as further described in term 23 of these terms) has reasonable grounds to believe that a participant is participating in the Competition through multiple Twitter accounts, all entries by such participant will be deemed void and the participant shall not be permitted to participate in the Competition or receive any prizes.
3. Participants are required to take part in the Competition in their own name and any participant found to be taking part in the Competition in the name of any other person will be disqualified.
4. The Competition will run between 09:30 on the 01/06/2020 and 13:30 on the 05/06/2020 (the "Promotional Period"). The winner ("Winner") will be chosen after the Promotional Period on 05/06/2020, with one winner chosen each day.
5. One Winner will win £100 cash, unless the prize has rolled over ("Prize").
6. In order to enter the Competition, participants must: Follow @ITV7 on Twitter and reply to the competition post with the correct answer on 1-5 June 2020 ITV7 competition & include #ITV7BackOnTrack between 09:30 on the 01/06/2020 and 13:30 on the 05/06/2020 (the Promotional Period).
7. Any participants who share the competition post on private accounts will not be eligible.
8. Only one entry is permitted per person.
9. If no participant correctly meets the entry requirements then no prize will be awarded.
10. Any entry by a participant may be deemed void where a participant does not use the hashtag #ITV7BackOnTrack when sharing the relevant post outlined above.
11. Any entries received after 13:30pm on each day of the competition will not be counted.
12. The competition is only open to UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man residents. Employees and contractors (and their respective families) of Hestview Limited and ITV are not eligible to enter. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. We may request such information as we consider reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entrant and the Prize may be withheld until and unless Sky Betting & Gaming is satisfied with the verification.
13. We shall not be held responsible for entries which are lost or corrupted or for any entries to the Competition which we do not receive as a result of any technical error, however caused. In addition, we cannot accept any liability for any difficulties experienced in submitting an entry. Proof of entry or submission will not be proof of receipt. Only one entry per Twitter account and retweets will not be counted.
14. Winners will be selected on the basis of successfully qualifying for the Competition during the Promotional Period.
15. The Winner of the Competition will be notified via Twitter and the prize shall be credited by 12/06/2020 following the close of the competition via a direct message.
16. If any Winner is not able, for whatever reason, to accept a prize, arrange for delivery of the prize, verify their registration information to the satisfaction of the Promoter, has been found to have breached these terms and conditions by the Promoter or cannot be contacted by 12/06/20 to arrange for delivery of the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that entrant (and their eligibility to receive any prizes under the Competition) and award the prize to another participant, or not at all.
17. Details of the Winner’s name and entry may be disclosed by us on our social media platforms. By entering the competition, you expressly agree to permit such disclosure if you are the Winner.
18. As far as is permitted by law, Hestview Limited will not be liable for any loss, personal injury or death associated with taking up this prize. This does not affect your statutory rights.
19. The Winner cannot request any alternative to the Prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing by the Promoter the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary to do so for reasons beyond its control.
21. If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions are or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms and conditions.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time if reasonably necessary to do so.
23. The Promoter of this Competition is Hestview Limited (trading as Sky Games) of 2 Wellington Place, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 4AP. Please note that ITV is not a promoter of this Competition.
24. All ITV7 Terms and Conditions apply to this competition and can be viewed here.
25. THIS COMPETITION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER. TWITTER ARE IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ASPECT OF THIS COMPETITION INCLUDING ITS FULFILMENT.